Thursday, December 17, 2009

Santa Claus

Well, it's getting really close to Christmas. Like one week away, and I don't know what Christmas Eve or even Christmas Day is going to be like, but I guess that's the magic of it; or at least of everyday, you don't know what will happen.
When I was a little girl, maybe like 4 or 5 - something like that - I saw Santa Claus. First I heard that odd sound on the roof and then I quietly headed towards the living room and saw Santa by the fireplace. Granted I only saw his back, but it made me really happy. I remember that I wanted to say hi, but I didn't want him to put me on the naughty list or something so I quietly went back into bed. I don't remember if I heard another sound on the roof of him leaving, but that might have been because I was so excited that I saw Santa Claus.
To be honest, I still do believe in Santa Claus to this day, but I don't believe that he necessarily brings packages for everyone, but something more along the lines of miracles. It sounds stupid, I know; but those are my thoughts. Every Christmas I don't know what I'm going to get or what the day is going to be like. And since my memory utterly sucks I don't really recall having a miracle happen for me on Christmas. I'm hoping however that one may happen this year and that I will remember it. I seriously don't know what kind of miracle it would be, so don't ask me.
Christmas is my favorite holiday, and I look forward to it every year. The snow, the colors, the lights, Christmas songs/movies, and bells; every one of those things I look forward to. It only really happens once a year.... just like Halloween (LOL), which I happen to like too. I don't really even know what I want this year. As I seem to get older, the things that I seem to want decrease. Like when I was little I seemed to want everything I set my eye on, much like my little sister, Denali; but now it's like I just sort of look for things that would be more useful to me, but are still things that I want. I don't really know what else I want other than what I put in earlier posts. I guess I'm going to just have to wait and see what I get......
The wait by the way is torture...LOL, but it's worth it. I just wish that I was able to get my Mom and Denali something like I told myself I would this year; but I guess I'm just going to have to wait until next year or until their birthdays; or even both.
Well, I smell something good and I'm tired so I'm going to go get some dinner and then head off to bed. Denali tired me out today. LOL. Goodnight, and if you've had a Christmas miracle, I'd love to hear about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment