Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Christmas Shoes

Ok, I know its a little early for Christmas still, but I just watched this great movie called "The Christmas Shoes." OMG, it was so good, I'm still trying to wipe the tears away. It was sad, don't get me wrong, but it was a great story. I highly recommend that you watch it. And I guess there's a book too, which I'm going to need to add to my never ending book list.
Lets see.... The books that I can remember are on my list right now are:

  • Atonement by Ian McEwan (I'm going to read the book before I see the movie.)
  • The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne (I started it, but never really finished it.)
  • Marley & Me by John Grogan (The movie was so good, and though it was sad, I'm going to read the book.)
  • The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory (Never finished it... School, ya know?)
  • The Search by Iris Johansen (An author of mysteries)
  • East of Eden by John Steinbeck (I have a feeling I'll be reading this one for school.)
  • Some Clive Cussler books (Have you seen Sahara the movie? Well it was good, but didn't know there was a book until after. The many adventures of Dirk Pitt)
  • Some Stephen King books (No matter how scary some of the movies were, based off of the books that he wrote.)
  • The Golden Compass (Again, didn't know there was a book until after seeing the movie.)
  • A Respectable Trade by Philippa Gregory (An author of historical fiction)
  • Jumper by Steven Gould (Remember the movie? Well, it was based off of this book, and I think that this is the first book within a small series or something.)
  • The Books Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr by Christopher Paolini (I have read Eragon, and I think part of Eldest, but forgot what really happened in them so I need to read the first and second books over again before I read the third.)

And that's really all I can remember right now, but this is not even half of the books that are on my list. Right now I'm reading The Sword of Truth Series, which are fantastic books. There are like 11 books and I'm on book #6, Faith of the Fallen. The other books, in order (I think) are:

  • Wizard's First Rule
  • Stone of Tears
  • Blood of the Fold
  • Temple of the Winds
  • Soul of the Fire
  • Faith of the Fallen
  • The Pillars of Creation
  • Naked Empire
  • Chainfire
  • Phantom
  • Confessor

I'm pretty sure that those are in order. I don't know about the last two or three, but the rest are in order. They are really great books, and I would definitly suggest reading them. They have everything from romance, to wars, to mystery and surprise, and to, well, lets just say that kids shouldn't read these, not that they could anyways. Each book is about like 800 to 900 pages long. There is a TV show called "Legend of the Seeker" but to be honest, it doesn't even follow the book. Not one bit. Though I can't help but watch them every now and then. I haven't had time to lately, I'm sorry to say, for I've still been staring at this screen almost all day. Though Denali got me away from the computer every now and then when she wanted me to hear her sing, or watch something with her.

I'm telling yea, she's going to be a singer or something of that nature someday. She just wont stop singing. She is so cute, my little sister is. Its crazy how fast she's growing up.

Well, during some of my breaks, I've gone through some of my old school stuff. Today it was my art stuff, which I'm still not done going through. Just going through this art stuff again is making me want to draw and paint again. Something I haven't really done since last year at the high school. I just can't wait until I get this cleaning done. I'll have so much space in here now, well at least a little bit more space. Then once I get caught up with school and have a system worked out. I'll just be peachy. I just hope that I can work some sleep out in all of this. Jeesh... Ok, well I'm going to get back to school notes, and going to say hi to some of my friends on Facebook before they all go to bed. Its a school night you know.... Ok goodnight, and I just might try to go to bed early tonight. Not that it worked last night. I still ended up going to bed at like 11:30 or something like that. Ok, goodnight now. Wish me luck getting this all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment