Thursday, October 8, 2009

War of the Worlds


Ok, wow.... While doing my school stuff, I'm learning more about the broadcast of War of the Worlds, and how it stirred panic among many Americans who were big radio listeners at the time. On each of my school pages about War of the Worlds there is a picture of what the book cover looked like, for instance, in 1913....
Like I said before, I saw the movie "9" tonight, and for those who don't know what its about, its about robots taking over the world, and with every human being killed, this scientist is able to make these puppets that he designed to destroy the robots.
Now I'm looking at the pictures of these book covers from War of the Worlds and this one book cover really caught my attention. It had robots on the cover, and they looked almost exactly like the robots that were in the movie "9". Weird, I know, but then it got me thinking.... How would a person figure out a storyline for movies or books? They could get them from scary or memorable times in the past.... What if this movie "9" was written in a sort of way that connected with the book War of the Worlds? What if the writer got some of his ideas from War of the Worlds? Its possible.

Ok, so here is the book cover that I saw. So if you've seen the movie "9", then you know what I'm talking about.


Anyway, I just thought that was weird and cool, so I just had to share my discovery. If you could even call it that. Ok, I'm getting back to school, so laters, or..... goodnight it would actually be.

No comments:

Post a Comment