Sunday, October 18, 2009

Lions and Tigers and "Bears," Oh My..

Ok, so I just saw my first bear tonight... Which is pretty sad because I've lived in Tahoe for like 4 years and this is my first time seeing a bear. So yes, I saw a bear at work actually, when I was taking out the trash. It was sort of hidden by this tree so I didn't see it at first, and when I did, it of course startled me. Looking back on that, I kind of feel like an idiot because when I saw the bear, I was prepared to run for it.... But then I saw that it just stared at me and then started backing away a little bit. I wasn't as afraid of it as when I first saw it, but I kept my distance..... I slowly walked to the opposite side of the dumpster and put the trash in. Meanwhile the bear just sort of ran back about 10ft behind the dumpster. So I put the trash in and then just started backing away. And, well IDK if I just really like looking at pictures of wildlife and just the fact that I'm living up here, surrounded by a bunch of trees and seeing squirrels everywhere or something...... Whatever..... But anyway, I just was so fascinated by the bear that I just sort of stood there and stared at it. I mean its not everyday that you see a bear, at least for me. So I thought it was really cool. It was just a medium sized black bear. I would say small, but since this is my first bear and not being able to picture a bear as huge, it would seem to form its own tower, or something, I'll just stick to medium.
Then my Mom drove up and was just like Kayla what are you doing?! Get away from there!!!! She was just freaking out like any Mom would..... But I was just kind of like, OMG Mom, its not even doing anything and its more afraid of me and ready to run off then start clawing me to death or something. I mean, granted I had that in my head, hearing about bears being angry all the time and always chasing you. But IDK, tonight kind of proved them wrong. Not every bear is going to chase you. I mean they are the ones minding their own business, trying to get food, etc. and then we just walk up on then, whether we know it or not and either run for it, or try to scare them away..... Yea, so my Mom called Patrol or whatever, and a cop car came and started turning on his sirens and scared the bear off. Which I was actually thankful for because the bear was right next to my boss, Tiffany's, car and since my Mom was already here to pick me up, Tiffany was still in the theater cleaning. And she was there alone, so I didn't want her to go walking out to her car and see a bear, and not be able to get into her car or something. Cause it was pretty close to the driver door.
Anyway, something that I'm not going to do again. I've seen my first bear, was amazed by it, and now feel like an idiot for just standing there looking at it while it was digging through the trash. I've had my excitement for one night. In fact this could probably last me the whole week.... Hahahaha......
Any who I smell some delicious cookies downstairs and after having a taste of the cookie dough, I'm guessing that some nice hot soft cookies are just going to make it a night for me. So, so long, and yea, if you see a bear, just run for it.... Don't be a dork like I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment